Tuesday, February 16, 2010

How do you scratch an itch that you just can't find?

I so badly want to do something new, a new project or a new direction. Something exciting to get my blood flowing, my mind racing and my imagination pumping.
That's just what that I'm having trouble with. If I had this something, I would be able to devote all my time and energy to it. I've had nothing since loosing my project last February, one which I can't take up again no matter how nice it would be to go back.
But going forward, where am I left to go? To sit at home at night after work, after the gym thinking about who I can have over or what I can watch on tv?
No, I need something more. Maybe a class, a course. But then I worry about missing out on the fun times in summer. How about a new degree, an MBA? Am I ready to give up my life again, for 3 years, to do an MBA? Maybe that's just what I need right now, something that makes sense, that will make all the small crazy things seem like nothing again.
I've thought about a second job, but what? I'd like it to be a business of my own, but once again, what? What type of business can I do that will allow me to work on my own after my day time job?
And what about this long time dream of living somewhere forever warm, where winter is nothing more than an excuse to put on a sweater? That one will probably have to wait, I'd really need something great to take me away from my current life.
Hum, to think that my hardest thing to do now is to find something to occupy my time and make me better. Not too bad eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment